Monday, January 30, 2006

The Greatest Album of All Time

I had a very interesting and lengthy conversation with the best guitar picker I've ever had the pleasure of knowing late late last night, Johnny Fingers.

We had startling similarities in our depth of appreciation for old westerns, Ennio Morricone, Jimi Hendrix and Tom Waits. We agreed that conversations about the 'best' and 'favorite' albums/songs/artists were difficult. But the most surprising thing happened when I said, "but I could easily pick the best album ever." In unison we uttered "Revolver" followed by a moment of surprise that two random guitar players who don't really know each other simplified the universe to one moment in music history.

I'm in the office finishing some unattended items needed for Monday, and I just finished listening to Revolver in my wonderful Shure E2c headphones. I've moved onto Rubber Soul now. The Beatles Revolver is the greatest album of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive