Friday, September 8, 2006

Albert Lee - country guitarist

All right, it's a small fucking world. I was on the phone with Johnny Dilks about this weekends show coming up in Sacramento, and I'll be god damned, ALBERT LEE joined them on stage. Some guys have all the luck. Check out the comments on his profile. Anyway, on with my original content:

This is a small post script to my guitar players blog. The "Star Licks Master Sessions" is now available on DVD, published by Hal Leonard. On their site they have a flash video of the B-bender 'show off' portion of the tape. Check it out by clicking on "Closer Look" when you get there. I don't know how I missed this; I've been waiting years for it, and it's been out for a year. Classic case of nonmarketing I guess.

Albert also has a new album out, Road Runner, which I didn't hear about, as well as a concert DVD. Who the hell is managing his career when the only guy who's ever hear of him (me!) doesn't know about new releases?!

I just got the video and it is barely different than my VHS copy. In fact, it looks like it was made from a production copy and not the master. Very high contrast, tons of video noise, 'clay face' artifacts and piss poor soft image. Audio sounds as good as it did before. Sheesh. Oh well, at least I didn't have to digitize it. I'll have to see how it looks on my upscaling DVD player. Now if only I could play guitar once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive