Thursday, November 9, 2006

Too much monkey business

I have a lot going on, both in my head and in real life. Just wanted to jot down a bunch of random shit. Yeah, that's me in 1981.

With the muchos help of several good friends, and the Sony Visa, I remodeled Joanna's basement. It looks like a new house. Rad. New carpet arrives tomorrow!

I think I've burned all my professional bridges in geology. Whoops. It's not intentional, but the flaky musician doesn't mix well with my former self. However, tomorrow I am presenting my research on 'terrain prediction with SRTM elevation data' to colleagues and a rep from the the dept. of defense.

I've been thinking of songs that have killer bass line intros. These are the intro of the bass playing to the the song. Here's the list so far:
Funky Kingston - Toots and the Maytals (super groovy)
Death or Glory - The Clash (melodic and great tone)
Freakin' At The Freaker's Ball - Dr. Hook (kick ass and powerful)

I'm sure more will come up. Has to be a half-dozen Bealtes songs.

I'm ready to work on my songwriting again and also improving my vocals. I've learned enough in the last couple years of performance that I'm optimistic (for the first time ever) that these things can be improved.

I need to be back here (at work) in like 8 hours. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive