Thursday, November 15, 2007

Walkin' Through The Days

I settled into living in a travel trailer off of KY1078, near the Audubon Parkway. These shots are from around the property.
Circling hawk of three, Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/1/07
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/1/07
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/1/07
Sunset, November 1st.
Zion, Henderson County, Andrew D. Barron ©11/1/07
It frosted last night. This morning, Friday, November 2nd, marks my 8th week away from Reno.
Frost near Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/2/07
Andrew and Otis, Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/2/07
It is the seeming contraction that we must be fully committed, but we must also be aware at the same time that we might possibly be wrong. This dialectic relationship between conviction and doubt is characteristic of the highest types of courage.
Rollo May, The Courage To Create.
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/2/07
I went out for some adventures in Evansville, IN, 11/2/07. Out the window.
Evansville, Vanderburgh County, IN, Andrew D. Barron ©11/2/07
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/2/07
11/8/07. I am here to:
1) write and record a demo album of original songs
2) defeat perfectionism in music
3) experience something different by immersion in a foreign, but deliberately chosen culture
4) distract myself from the longing and ache I feel since I crashed into her
5) get away from the downer vibe of honky tonk performance for losers
Another week's gone by.
Andrew and Otis, Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/9/07
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/11/07
The barn studio and album project. I wrote a blog.The 'console'.
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/5/07
The hot seat. With these 3 mics, I aim to get acoustic guitar tone like Tom Petty's Wildflowers, or Don't Fade On Me.
Bass and Telecaster tones came easy with close-micing on the speakers. Mandolin is acceptable through a single AT c535eb.
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/11/07
This is my 'clothes on the line' strategy to keep the songs in constant growth until finished. They face the stage, directly behind the desk.
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/11/07
I met you in the mall one night
I was walking through Sears
Said "Nice screwdriver set, mama,"
Can I buy you a beer?'

I ain't got no money, but I sure got a lot to say

Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/11/07
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/14/07
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/15/07

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive