Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dublin Blues

Earlier this week I bought my first bottle of Jameson in 9 months or more. I walked out with a drink and halfway to the beach, a rainbow appeared. Cool! I was going to hang on to this one until St. Patrick's day, but the bottle is already open and I am rehearsing for some Irish music tonight and the 17th.
Jameson rainbow, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©<br />3/12/10
Here’s to women’s kisses,
and to whiskey, amber clear;
Not as sweet as a woman’s kiss,
but a darn sight more sincere!


I scoured my memory for Irish songs and returned only Guy Clark's "Dublin Blues." So I learned it and recorded it this morning.

Ophir, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©3/12/10
This shot was taken before the rainbow formed.
Ophir, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©3/12/10Nowhere man and whiskey girl
Nowhere man and whiskey girl
They loaded up for a weekend
in the underworld.


It is with a removed sense of pride that I link to my own website for Guy Clark that I made over 12 years ago in these last few posts. Hervé Oudet has kindly hosted that site free of charge for about the last 6 of those years, and I wish to thank him for his kindness. I used to think it was 'in the water' in Texas, but here lately, I'm sure it's 'in the water' here in southern coastal Oregon for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive