Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back to reality


Blue team.

Red team.

So few people actually think. Those that do...think only of themselves.

To those who feel, life is a tragedy.


Hard times here and everywhere you go,
times is harder than ever been before.

And the people are driftin' from door to door,
can't find no heaven, I don't care where they go.

Let me tell you people just before I go,
these hard times will kill you [...something dark I can't make out]

Well, you hear me singin, mom, through lonesome song,
these hard times can last oh so very long.

If I ever get off this killing floor,
I'll never get out of this door no more.
I'll never get out of this door no more.

And you say you have money, you better be sure,
'cause these hard times will drive you from door to door.

Sing this song and I ain't gonna sing no more.
Sing this song and I ain't gonna sing no more.
Hard times will drive you from door to door.

Skip James, recorded in Grafton Wisconsin, 1931.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive