Saturday, June 12, 2010

Juneuary becomes June

Like so many times before, I ejected the media card from my Sony DSC-H1. It will not accept the memory stick any more; one of the metal tabs inside the camera is bent. I imagined traveling with only my iPhone camera and went out for a trial shoot.
Frankport, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
Frankport, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
Frankport, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
I ran Topaz denoise on these.
There's always something amazingly difficult about the simplest things when it comes to technology. My iPhone has not been used for a phone in months. However, it was once plugged into iTunes on a different computer, so it cannot be synched with this laptop. Unless I erase everything, including countless voice recordings. I was faced with uploading individual pictures to Photobucket, downloading, reviewing,resizing, and uploading again. All that for photos as lousy as those above. Glad I don't have to do that again, because...

...I remembered a chance encounter on New Years Eve with a photographer named Don. We hit it off and he gave me a camera. I turned it down since it was not as quick and comfy as my Sony. It was still available, and yesterday I started shooting with a Nikon CoolPix 8700. Not really an upgrade, but a lateral shift into a comparably archaic digital camera from 2004. I have a feeling this camera will be a challenge, but I am likely to learn something from it. Here's the first shots.
Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
When I return, I will be starting a web collection of our friend Maurine F. O'Connor. This painting is about five inches square.
Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
We had fun last night.
Norwester, Gold Beach, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
Smoke.
Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
The honey bee experiment continues.
Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
This bus showed up at the old mill site in Nesika beach today.
Nesika road, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
Nesika road, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
Nesika road, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©6/11/10
I'm reminded of one my Aunt's expression, "We get what we need."
Tomorrow I leave for six days of playing and singing bluegrass with some of my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive