Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hard Times

Meet Justin and Tara.

We talked about about names and initials. I said my name gave me a 'condition' of ADB. She said, "you guys want to ride bikes?"

She said her mom's name was Juile, and he called Julie his 'stepmom', though mother-in-law is what he meant. He'd been hit by a car a while back. "Chicks dig scars," she said while he told me the story. "At least you don't have any vices...or it doesn't look like you have any vices," he said to me. When I asked him if I could take his picture, he said, "Go ahead. Steal my soul."

Is that what a portrait does?

Let us pause in life's pleasures and count its many tears,
while we all sup sorrow with the poor.
There's a song that will linger forever in our ears,
Oh hard times come again no more

Hard Times, Stephen Foster, 1854.

A little later mom and I went to Celestino's for NY style pizza and beer. And we walked through the campus.

Radomly visited my cousin.

She said she was from Fresno. "Cool," I said. "Not really." I then agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive