Monday, June 7, 2010

Sunny Day

6:58 am, Justin's room.

Down at the hive there are still surviving bees. There's a lot of new drones and a lot of activity. I have little hope the colony could survive such significant losses, but there is life today.

I have since learned that there were two swarms locally at precisely the same time as my bees were dying. So there is something 'in the air'. Juli wondered if it was another swarm altogether that 'joined' this hive and subsequently perished. I am at a loss to explain the great number of dead bees compared to how many I poured in the first place. I don't see how there could be any left at all, and yet...





1 comment:

  1. Good news about the bees. Hope they recover. Love the pink sky behind the silhouettes. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive