I know it's been a while since I put up any song performances. Here's looking forward to the next phase while looking back.
The top 10 by number of views. (song, songwriter, performance date)
10. The Highway Kind, Townes Van Zandt, 5/25/10
9. Cold Dog Soup, Guy Clark, 5/17/10
8. I Feel The Blues Moving In, Del McCoury, 3/10/10
7. Ben McCulloch, Steve Earle, 10/19/10
6. My Proud Mountains, Townes Van Zandt, 6/2/10
5. Sittin' On Top Of The World, 3/11/10
4. That's How I Got To Memphis, Tom T Hall, 3/10/10
3. Don't Let The Sunshine Fool You, Townes Van Zandt, 5/18/10
2. Dublin Blues, Guy Clark, 3/13/10
1. The Dark, Guy Clark, 5/22/10
For what it's worth, I think these should have more views:
Breakfast In Hell, Slaid Cleaves, 10/16/10
Lost Highway, Hank Williams, 5/31/10
Alta Denton, a fine Gold Beach photographer has kindly made her shots available from a performance (my goofy faces and all).
More stuff I should just do, then talk about: the d5000 does HD video and I look forward to improving the audio and video quality of future song performances. When purchased, the video was a major part of my decision. I've only posted one video taken in the Inyo Mountains 7/14/10 so far. Thanks to Terry White's review for reminding me.
Wednesday. This has to be one of my favorite spots. Euchre Creek marsh 'secret' parking spot. 3 shot mosaic. The H1's chromatic aberration is worse when shot sideways like these (but I already knew that). However, I learned of a new tool in Photoshop, called Lens Correction (Filters->Distort). I used +5 and -11 for the fringe removal.
Shot RAW with d5000:
Instant film; there used to be a Vivitar device that printed 35mm slides onto instant pack film. A few long-time photographers use them still for effect. The workflow: digital image->slide print->polaroid print->negative scan.
Two weeks ago these were bulbs. Thursday morning:
The adventure begins.
There is an interesting convergence happening. After I wrote all this stuff about Polaroids, and linking all the random images (does anybody click those?) over the last week or so, I found this blog about shooting with a Polaroid 210, written just last week.
- ► 2013 (46)
- ► 2012 (85)
- ► 2011 (176)
- Black and White 2010
- Pistil Thursday / All Night / Sunrise
- Rolled to Blanco
- Reformat notice / Film Photography Podcast
- Sunday randoms
- Friday experiments
- Thursday experiments
- Why ask why?
- Rainbows / eclipse
- Gold Beach afternoon / Stormy morning
- Youtube performances
- Another Day Gone By
- Polaroid / Port Orford evening
- Cape Sebastian
- Photomerge / iPhone / Humbug
- Great Sun
- Ophir Nesika Sunset
- ▼ December 2010 (19)
- ► 2009 (10)
- ► 2008 (41)
- ► 2007 (53)
- ► 2006 (23)