Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Roseburg and back

This blog is limited to an hour of computer work. An incredibly fun photoshoot and pick up mission to Roseburg, Oregon. This blog has a LOT of photos (24). It's been a ridiculous year so far!
From battle Rock, Port Orford, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Highway 42, Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
I want to say that yes, things have improved for me technically. I also got a better lens, but because it does not have Nikon's VR (vibration reduction), I am shooting more with a tripod, shutter release, and over 80% manual modes. It's a bit frustrating because I could have been shooting this way all along, but then again, no, I had much to learn. The rainy winter was great in that I had a lot time to think and process what my 'vision' and goals are with photography, as opposed to being out and shooting all the time. Also, I feel very strongly that the VR feature on the lens reduces the image quality. Recently I had great day shooting up north. I attributed the day's quality to the light, but I discovered that my VR was OFF accidentally on that day. The new lens has no VR. So concentrating, shooting with more stillness, a tripod and remote release is at least half of the reason the images are coming out better.

I heard a photographer saying in a film that he has one rule: "to never repeat myself." I am not that good. When shooting urban things, I seem to have a very limited number of tools to capturing 'what I see.' I don't think too much, I just frame it until it 'looks cool' and shoot. The results:

Coquille, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Brockway, Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Roseburg bus stop.
Roseburg bus stop, Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Highway 138 East.
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Went to a place called "Colliding Rivers" where the Little River hits the Umpqua at ninety degrees near Glide, Oregon.
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
At lunch, the waiter suggested Susan Falls. It's a mile too the falls off the 128. Madrone, and alternate.
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
Back to Roseburg. I got a little lost and missed an exit and ran a red light. Whoops. Great day of shooting.
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11
In the 2 minutes shooting this, two different people came up to me. The first, "are you going to buy that?" The second, "how much are you selling that for."
Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11

Andrew D. Barron ©1/04/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive