Sunday, January 9, 2011

Second Polaroids

The sky broke orange, clear and beautiful. My car's windows were caked in ice. Uncommon here!

Sunrise on north bank of the Rogue River.
Sunrise on north bank of the Rogue River, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
Sunrise on north bank of the Rogue River, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
Sunrise over Otter Point
Sunrise over Otter Point, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11

After warming up the 320 in the car, I figured it was time to waste the rest of the film. I scoped the shot with my 'good camera'. This met my composition lessons from the color pack I shot, with a prominent foreground subject and interesting background,
Euchre Creek bridge sunrise, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
I pulled the tab on "exposure #7" and out came the missing #4 from yesterday, both useless. I tried again and #8 failed, but with a partial exposure. It seemed like I might get an image for my $12 film pack though hope was fading. I tried again, and as if nothing was wrong:
Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
The pull on #9 was perfect, and with one shot remaining I drove a few miles north to Frankport:
Sisters Rocks from Frankport, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
With a better scanner and learning a bit more about preparing analog prints for the web, I might do these prints digital justice eventually. That's it for my 20 instant film shots. They are neat in real life. I think I need a better pack film camera!

Getting up for sunrise makes a long morning. I went to Port Orford and had a follicular adjustment. My hat is literally off to Teri for taming the beast.
Haircut, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
I felt bad for the birdie that flew into my grill on the way north.
Bird, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
I toured through town and turned around in a parking lot. These things caught my eye.
Ringer washer, Port Orford laundromat, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
Port Orford laundromat, Curry County, OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
Port Orford OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
Port Orford OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11
Humbug from 'Ocean View'
Humbug from 'Ocean View', Port Orford OR, Andrew D. Barron ©1/09/11

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive