Saturday, March 12, 2011

Solace at Sisters

There is something special to me about these knobs of supremely shatterd Franciscan rocks assigned to the Gold Beach terrane. Their appearance on the horizon changes as one approaches and passes. There was a huge public fiasco in 1982 as someone claimed rights to destroy them with dynamite for use as road gravel and rip rap. That is just the kind of thing that would normally sound like history, but in this case, Sisters Rocks became part of the state park system. From the parking area, the stately Sisters form triangles with the sea.
Sisters Rocks, Andrew D. Barron ©3/11/11
Respect for the awesome power of the sea is within me somewhere as I shoot. Such a catastrophic reminder directly west from home. Today, I take ‘pitchers.’
Sisters Rocks, Andrew D. Barron ©3/11/11
Have I mentioned that I have a great time shooting with the Hipstamatic in the Bubo? Yeah, I think I have. It is a perfect complement when weary from trying to capture ‘good’ shots with the better cameras. I stay out shooting longer. And as seen in yesterday’s entry, I just like holding the darned hunk of metal of the Owle Bubo.
Surf at Sisters Rocks, Andrew D. Barron ©3/11/11
Surf at Sisters Rocks, Andrew D. Barron ©3/11/11
Surf at Sisters Rocks, Andrew D. Barron ©3/11/11
Infrared sunset from the ‘great spot.’
Sun sets on a tsunami day, Andrew D. Barron ©3/11/11
Hipstamatic & Bubo take a moment as the evening sun is sinking low.
Sun sets on a tsunami day, Andrew D. Barron ©3/11/11
So we played. Andrew, Tim, Randy, Cliff from the Instax 210.
Boys, Andrew D. Barron ©3/11/11
It was a notably powerful night of musical comraderie. We each earned almost $7 in tips for our three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive