Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bubo Bananas

I wondered what I might do someday with all of those tripod mounts for the Owle Bubo. It serves as a very interesting experiment. With some 1/4x20 threaded rod, I cut some pieces and assembled the Camera Tree. The reason for doing this come down to simply a function of “Because I can.”

In order distribute the load on the smallish tripod ball, the heavy D5000 sits directly on top. The Lumix LX5 has an off-center tripod mount, so it more easily fit next to the D5000. The Nikon P6000 sits upside down in the lower right. And of course, the Hipstamatic in the Owle Bubo makes the whole thing work out.



You can make a lot of work for yourself shooting four cameras at once! It is not a very practical rig, except maybe to do exactly what I have been trying to do lately: compare cameras. I left the images in their native aspect ratios.

Nikon IR D5000 (red/blue channel swap):

Panasonic LX5:

Hipstamatic in Owle Bubo:

Nikon P6000:

This wasn’t such and ideal shot, but here are the four.

Nikon IR D5000 (red/blue channel swap):

Panasonic LX5:

Hipstamatic in Owle Bubo (poor choice of Kaimal Mark II over BlackKeys B+W):

Nikon P6000:


Here are some photographs I took yesterday:


Tea tree infrared (red/blue swap).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive