Tuesday, May 31, 2011

For lack of a better word

Azalea macro, Andrew D. Barron©5/30/11
Near Chico airport, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/11
Grass: Chico, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/11
Infrared with blue and red channels swapped.
Near Chico airport, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/11

What is a uber-nerd to do with a p&s camera zoom lens? Well, last night by trial and error, six quick clicks of the zoom lever gets the P6000 to 52mm (35mm eq.) focal length! The little Nikon that almost can does not give a zoom amount (such as 1.7x); just a graphic. The lens seems to max out with 14 clicks to the right. I should be thorough and discover what the focal length is for each of the 14 clicks. I read the file info using EXIF Viewer by Ali Ozer. So now I know what to do to get a ‘normal lens’ on this camera. I am used to framing with about this much field of view, so I think I am set. Another reason it became important is that photomerges (remember those?) do not seem to work with the P6000 at the widest, default focal length (28mm eq.) because there is way too much distortion. Soon I should be able to generate more ‘three up’ photomerges.
Sunset: Chico, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/11
Flower: Chico, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/11
Sunset: Chico, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive