Thursday, June 30, 2011

Karaoke night Graeagle afternoon

I haven’t been writing much about cameras lately. I carry the little Nikon everywhere and it is much smaller than the other camera I once used. My camera’s successor, the P7000, has a much longer telephoto lens and that is what is needed most. The 4x zoom doesn’t get you very close. I suspect that the added increase in focal length comes with an image quality compromise though. Okay, so the point and shoot enthusiast (means ‘expensive’) grade camera is not as capable for a number of shots. Both extreme exposure types were less than successful. Here’s the Truckee River at a very short exposure:
Truckee River @ Sierra Nevada Taphouse, Andrew D. Barron©6/28/11
And the best I could do with a long exposure:
Truckee River @ Sierra Nevada Taphouse, Andrew D. Barron©6/28/11
After two big glasses of beer I was shooting all kinds of things.
Downtown Reno, Andrew D. Barron©6/28/11
North on Pyramid Highway.
Andrew D. Barron©6/28/11
I have been shooting this kind of thing a bunch lately. In the rural places I have been to lately, there is a ‘America lost’ feeling. In urban settings, this seems to be the state of ‘America found.’
Andrew D. Barron©6/28/11
I went up to Graeagle on Wednesday. I was a nice day, but the night before we stayed up too late. I couldn’t believe that Them Old Cottonfields Back Home (disc 1, tr. #27) was in the karaoke discs that surfaced. I gave it my best George Jones while thinking Bill Monroe, the only version I know). The karaoke version seemed to repeat itself way too many times. Surprised that tune is credited to Lead Belly.
Andrew D. Barron©6/29/11
The view near Plumas Eureka State Park, very close to my buddy’s cabin and on the list of California parks to close.
Andrew D. Barron©6/29/11
Random plastic bag.
Andrew D. Barron©6/29/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive