Monday, June 27, 2011

Susanville

The Lassen County fairgrounds are a great place for a bluegrass festival. This one is what I imagine what festivals were like in the early days.
Susanville Bluegrass festival, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11

Lassen County fairgrounds, Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
The setting was so intimate that I didn’t feel like getting up close to the stage to take pictures. Here, the Central Valley Boys are playing their Sunday set.
The Central Valley Boys at the Susanville Bluegrass festival, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
After days (weeks?) of being in festival mode, I went wandering in Susanville.
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
No parking. We really really mean it.
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11
Susanville, CA, Andrew D. Barron©6/26/11


The Vandals song Susanville has been ringing in my ears since I got here. I learned this song playing in the Saddle Tramps. The last verse goes:

Now I am marrying Jan from Susanville
Or am I suing Jane from Marysville?
Cause if I am I better call Ernie my attorney from Burney Falls
Well, all I know is if I recall
She had the longest legs and she was kinda tall
And prettier than a catfish with it's nose up against the dam

Without a girl and some time to kill I ran some baby food to Gerberville
And took some airplane parts to Wilbur in Oroville
Now that can't be Wright
Well it's one more load one more town
Only problem is they're all startin’ to sound a bit similar
Lord knows they all look the same

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive