Monday, July 18, 2011

Dunsmuir and Weed

I left out of the valley a little later in the day than planned. Crossing the Sacramento, looking towards Mt. Lassen:
Crossing the Sacramento, Andrew D. Barron©7/17/11
The sun sets on a troubled sky.
Sunset, Andrew D. Barron©7/17/11
I stopped in a place I had not before. This caught my eye.
Vacancy, Andrew D. Barron©7/17/11
Though very similar, I am leaving this one in, too.
Lakeshore Villa, Andrew D. Barron©7/17/11
It was a pleasant night in a makeshift camp. I made coffee late near Caslte Creek. These were across the road.
Castle Creek flowers, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
There nice view of Castle Crags is north of Castella, CA. The semi-retired DSC-H1 takes a shot:
Castle Crags, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
I have always been lens-challenged with my dslr. Here I put on the new-to-me 35-80mm, plus the 1.7 tele adapter. Focus wasn’t too good, but it is a zoom.
Castle Crags infrared, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
I headed into Dunsmuir, CA.
Kerosene, Dunsmuir, CA, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
I had a mind to scour a few old towns for some 110 film. No luck, and a few prospective shops were closed on Monday.
Dunsmuir lumber yard, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
Dunsmuir service station, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
I was set on old film and thrift stores. I found an open thrift store in Weed, CA. I was about to leave after turning through a box of cheap plastic 35mm cameras. I asked about other old cameras on my way out the door.. Looks like I’m the new proud owner of a Polaroid 95b and a 210 with flash. Thrown in was an Ektra 2 110 with 12 shots remaining on the roll. The manual is included with “Shasta View 1980” handwritten on the last page. Also in the bundle is a disc camera with 10 shots left on the roll. The camera is made by Keystone. I don’t think anyone processes disc film at all. All the cameras are in very good condition. The long obsolete roll film 95B model will need a conversion to pack film. The 210 Land Camera was featured in a guest blog in the FPP.
Thrift store cameras, Weed, CA, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
I was Instax-happy, shooting a whole pack today. I haven’t yet solved the scanning from the road dilemma. The terrible camera built into the laptop is a quick but dirty solution.
Instax 210 prints, Weed, CA, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
Instax 210 prints, Weed, CA, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
Until I get the instant prints scanned. . .
Paper mill, Weed, CA, Andrew D. Barron©7/18/11
There are more pictures that should be added to this blog, but I think I ought to find a place to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive