Monday, July 25, 2011

Ektra 110 / infrared fun

It was pretty bad light and wind. I put the ND+4 on the little Nikon P6000, and I was reminded of last year when I decided to go with Nikon for my first dslr purchase. (Here is the shot from last year, from a coolpix 8700.)
Leaf at Otter Point, Andrew D. Barron©7/23/11
The old H1 seems a better performer these days ever since I took it apart to repair the lens. It would seem this version of the H1 sensor is better.
Leaf at Otter Point, Andrew D. Barron©7/23/11

North towards Hubbard Mound at Otter Point, Andrew D. Barron©7/23/11
Last week I picked up an Kodak Ektra 2 (a 110 camera) in perfect condition. It still had 19 shots left, so I have been taking it out. This is not really a good film format. Fun and small and very nostalgic. This one has a cool clip on flash that takes two AAAs.
Kodak Ektra 2, Andrew D. Barron©7/23/11
Kodak Ektra 2, Andrew D. Barron©7/23/11
I put the camera up to the viewfinder.
Through the Kodak Ektra 2 viewfinder, Andrew D. Barron©7/23/11
This is my other new acquisition. It has a very plasticky and clunky shutter feel. Still, it is my first working 35mm slr.
Nikon N50 35mm slr, Andrew D. Barron©7/23/11
I drove around the Old Coast Road on a dirt part that I somehow missed before. The sun was setting at the sea and the light was filtering in a just a few places.
Old Coast Road daisy and fern, Andrew D. Barron©7/23/11
I started to look at the images from my 13.5mp P6000. It sure seems like it is more marketing than sensor to have so many pixels. For the last few shoots, I have put the P6000 down a notch to 8mp. It looks the same to me, though performance is not noticeably improved.

Random telephoto shot yesterday with the Sony H1:
Skilsaw on stairs, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
It got to be time to show the infrared D5000 some love.
North of Wedderburn, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
Red shopping carts, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
This is probably too abstract; a late 1970’s Covette. I suppose I am to be self-conscious about the poor quality of the BOKEH! from my 35mm AF-S 1.8G lens. But while the BOKEH! isn’s the best, it is often pleasing enough.
late 1970’s Covette, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
Hunter Creek swimmers, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
It was a gray and foggy day. After the sun went down, I tried something for the first time: infrared photography with the built-in flash. The results are nice. A little spooky and Halloweenish, but interesting.
Infrared flash photography: rose, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
Infrared flash photography: leaves, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
It was pretty dark at this point.
Infrared flash photography: driftwood, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
Purple thistle in the dark.
Infrared flash photography: driftwood, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11
The flash on the camera is not that strong. The infrared results are usually unpredictable. Here is a funky parting shot of the sea at night.
Infrared flash photography: driftwood, Andrew D. Barron©7/24/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive