Friday, July 1, 2011

Great Basin

This is an iphone shot from two days ago.
Grocery store hip shot, Andrew D. Barron©6/28/11
Great Basin parking garage.
Great Basin parking garage, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11
Great Basin parking garage, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11
My friends’ band was playing on an outdoor stage at the Great Basin brewery. I was nostalgic because I had played the venue a handful of times in different bands. There is always a little bit of uncertainty when one is at a brewery, with a wonderful Hop Head ale on tap.
Great Basin brewery, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11
Great Basin brewery, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11
I did something I haven’t done before: I forgot the memory card for my camera. So the evening was shot with the Hipstamatic. I haven’t been putting it in the Owle Bubo because the threads stripped out of it while at Grass Valley. I am sure the good folks will take care of the problem, but I haven’t contacted them about this rather surprising quality control issue.

Here goes a few shots while the Wildhorse Drive bluegrass band played at the Great Basin Brewery.
Jim Denonourt of Wildhorse Drive, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11
Great Basin brewery dancer, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11
Great Basin brewery, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11
Great Basin brewery lights, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11
I played a couple of songs with the boys. I shot this with my laptop’s camera. I practiced Old Dangerfield quite a bit last night.
Mandolin, Andrew D. Barron©6/30/11

Down a highway of sorrow, I’m traveling alone.
I’ve lost all my true friends, I’ve lost a happy home.
I’m headed for destruction, I’m on the wrong track.
Down a highway of sorrow, there’s no turning back.

Bill Monroe
Highway of Sorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive