Thursday, August 25, 2011

110 Cartridges

I sent in six rolls of film, including three 110 cartridges I have been shooting with since July. Film speed for 110 was originally set by a physical difference in the cartridge. If the tab on the far right was short, then it was fast film. I think that means asa400 as seen in the lower cartridge marked Kodacolor 400. In later years, fast film came in long tab, slow cartridges, like the more recent (2002) Kodak Gold asa400.
110 film cartridges, Andrew D. Barron©8/17/11
My minolta 110 zoom slr has a mechanism to select between fast and slow film. However, the Gold asa400 is in a long tab, slow cartridge. Luckily there is an exposure adjustment on the camera. I set the exposure to -2, since asa100 is the default speed. Film speeds are more like a denominator, so half of 1/100 is 1/200 (-1), and half again, 1/400 (-2) is where I set it.

Continuing on with my dslr-like images from the little P6000 by adding a 1.7x tele adapter and a +1 closeup filter. This is repeat; no adapters here, and below with 1.7x tele and +1 close up filter.
Flower, 1.7x and +1 closeup filter, Andrew D. Barron©8/23/11
Here, some dust steals the scene:
Table, 1.7x and +1 closeup filter, Andrew D. Barron©8/23/11
The light was beautiful last night (8/23), and I like this unusual depth of field on this type of camera. Sure sure, I should just get a $2000 dslr and be done with it. But that wouldn’t be very much fun.
Kiwi plant, 1.7x and +1 closeup filter, Andrew D. Barron©8/23/11
I went north to catch sunset. Afterwards, here south of Sisters Rocks a few miles (infrared), I noticed the interference pattern of incoming wave sets.
Interference patterns in ocean waves, Andrew D. Barron©8/23/11
For the last two nights, 10-20 minutes after sunset there have appeared crepuscular rays in the sky. On this night, the same thing appeared above the Czech Republic.
Sunset over the pacific with crepuscular rays, Andrew D. Barron©8/23/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive