Thursday, August 11, 2011

Abandoned Lookout

Flowers, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
I was told about a WWII lookout tucked away on a hillside. The poured concrete structure is falling apart nicely. The setting sun and the rising moon made for an interesting but repetitive sequence of photographs.

The moon was rising over the powerlines as I approached.
Moonrise over the Wedderburn hills, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
The infrared view was the most compelling. The 120mm. equivalent focal length from an older Nikon lens (35-80f/4) is a nice addition to the camera bag.
Moonrise over wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
I wanted to get through my pack film in the Land Camera. I figured it was plenty bright.
Moonrise over wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
Instax 210:
Moonrise over wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
Moonrise over wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
The pacific from wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
Moonrise over wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
Wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
Moonrise over wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
Sun sets at wartime lookout, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11
Back down the trail.
Moonrise over Wedderburn hills, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/11

1 comment:

  1. This is actually where I meant for that comment to be... My friend ... miss you

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive