Sunday, August 7, 2011

Autoreflex and Sweet Sunny 16

Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
I got a little carried away with these flowers. It started off as a comparison between my instant film cameras. Instead, I dragged out a bunch of cameras. It is neat to see below, that in the end, each camera did what it does and they are all different. Each camera has innate qualities that intuitively go into framing and shooting.

The Hipstamatic 190 in the Owle Bubo (Phil is what I named it):
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
The Fuji Instax 210:
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
The Land Camera 210:
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
The infrared Nikon D5000:
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
The Nikon P6000:
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
FPP contributor and good guy Dan Domme encouraged me to try out my Konica. I’ve been thinking of sending it to Greg Weber for c.l.a.. But I haven’t even put film in the thing. The battery compartment looks wrong, but it could just be built that way. Sitting on my desk, I often pick up this brick and fool with it.

A friend sent me some late 1980’s Modern Photography issues. In their 50th anniversary issue, September 1987, my Konica Autoreflex T is noted:
1968: The world’s first through-the-lens-metering, autoexposure slr; it convinced the photo industry that this was the camera type of the future.
Jason Schneider. A Half Century of The World’s Greatest Cameras! p.56
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
I blame thank this camera for my recent love of film photography. I first saw it in August 2010. Initially I wasn’t sure I wanted to get into 35mm film, being only one month after my first dslr. When I returned for it in September it was missing from the thrift store and no one seemed to recall selling it. It finally made it’s way to me in February.

Micro 4/3 cameras and their prevalent ability to take any kind of old glass, including the Konica Hexanons, has bumped up prices for used gear. I might be better off fetching a lensless working Autoreflex T.

Today at last I put film in it, shooting without metering: Sunny 16. Film photography is not well suited to my blogging style as it will be weeks until I get through the roll and get the prints back. On deck in the coming weeks are two 110 rolls, and two rolls of expired 200, one through a Nikon N50 and the other through the Konica.

A little later, I went to the big city of Gold Beach with friends. . .
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
Andrew D. Barron©8/6/11
We had a surprisingly late night and a good time. This morning was a big breakfast and a little reflection of just how many instant film prints I have floating around.
Instant FILM! Andrew D. Barron©8/7/11
Probably about 100 since May.
Instant FILM! Andrew D. Barron©8/7/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive