Saturday, August 27, 2011

Clouds Sunsets Junk

This instant film shot goes properly with the grown over blog.
Instax 210 at abandoned home, Andrew D. Barron©8/26/11
There seems to me a growing interest in the Fuji Instax 210, the heir-apparent to integral film cameras. This image had a digital version a few days ago. The instax image is nice, but the scan is not as rich in blue contrasts as the print.
Instax 210: Clearing over the Pacific, Andrew D. Barron©8/26/11
The clouds have been interesting lately. This appeared out of a dense, low-lying cluster and grew across the sky.
Clouds, Andrew D. Barron©8/24/11
There are interesting shots from my infrared dslr that will have to be dealt with. It seems I missed sunset on the the 24th, but I went out for a brilliant one Thursday the 25th. Here is a two shot composite from Euchre Creek marsh:
Sunset approches, Euchre Creek marsh, Andrew D. Barron©8/25/11
As beautiful as Sisters Rocks are, I find little compositional variation. I know I have shot this before. It is a majestic location.
Sunset at Sisters Rocks, Andrew D. Barron©8/25/11
So turned south a few miles. With the strips of clouds that formed late in the day, I was treated to some beautiful reflections.
Sunset south of Sisters Rocks, Andrew D. Barron©8/25/11
Clouds reflect pastel sunset, Andrew D. Barron©8/25/11
The project to wire an auxiliary input for the Sony ZS-XN30 boombox went fine. I wired in a male 1/8” plug and disabled the radio. Quick and dirty. Sounds great.
Sony ZS-XN30 auxiliary input mod, Andrew D. Barron©8/22/11
I removed the telescoping radio antenna and ran the cable through the hole.
Sony ZS-XN30 input modification, Andrew D. Barron©8/26/11
I probably should have wired in the physical ground (a small wire that grounds the now disconnected radio board to the chassis). I detect a very quiet hum.

On Friday I checked out the big thrift event in the region benefitting the local hospice care. It was the largest collection of people I have seen gathered in Curry County. A quick run through of the cruddy 35mm cameras from and I was out of there. Almost. I wasted this $1 to take a picture of the Polaroid iZone. We had these cameras for a couple of holiday seasons near the turn of this century. Ha! Funny for me to say that. It made instant film prints the same size as 35mm negatives. They were fun.
Polaroid iZone camera and the Patterson Bridge, Andrew D. Barron©8/26/11
I-Zone cameras were introduced in 1999. Film was discontinued in 2006. The unrelated Apple iMac debuted the year before, and the now ubiquitous ipod appeared late in 2001. The original Polaroid-brand batteries were corroded in place. After changing them, sparks and popping sounds started as the flash charged. The sparks were visible through the translucent case. Anyway, I left excited to research some of the darkroom supplies for sale, including a Rollei enlarger. On the way, I stopped in the middle of the street. I think the Instax 210 got it best.
Instax 210 at Ocean Way underpass, Andrew D. Barron©8/26/11
Late in the evening, after sundown, the dredge that has been working at the mouth of the Rogue was seen through the Pioneer cemetery.
Dredging ship, Gold Beach, Andrew D. Barron©8/26/11
Tonight again the crepuscular rays appeared about 20 minutes after sunset. They have something to do with residual aerosols in the atmosphere.
Crepuscular rays after sunset, Andrew D. Barron©8/26/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive