Saturday, August 6, 2011

Man and Nature

My infrared Nikon D5000 is mostly a black and white camera. It is a weird, not film, not even visible spectrum type of photography. If I stay with dslrs, I’ll stay with a crop frame sensor and prime lenses. A longer lens (50mm, 85mm) and a wider lens (~14mm) are on my wish list though each costs more than entire film camera systems also on my mind: Hasselblad 500c/m, Wista 4x5 field camera, and a Polaroid 600SE or Mamiya rz67 with a polaroid back.

I shot this sign before. Infrared here with the 1.7x tele adapter on the 35mm prime:
Andrew D. Barron©8/5/11
The cheap tele adapter is made by Sony and was intended to go on a tiny sensor DSC-H1. The funky, vingetted edges are a great in-camera effect. I never use photoshop for effects, excluding that month I tried Topaz Adjust.
Andrew D. Barron©8/5/11
What do you see when you look up?
Andrew D. Barron©8/5/11
Andrew D. Barron©8/5/11
Andrew D. Barron©8/5/11
Andrew D. Barron©8/5/11
Andrew D. Barron©8/5/11
Andrew D. Barron©8/5/11
Shooting with the infrared d5000 is interesting. It seems to bring life to dead things, like rusted metal, and seems to mute life in living things. Living plant tissue gets washed out. I always use SilverEFEX for conversion to black and white. Most of the time I run it through a neutral, no effect, but today I used a variety of the film simulations. I would like to get the free upgrade, but I haven’t heard back from Digital Silver Imaging. I used a variety of film stock simulations today, all at iso125 or below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive