Wednesday, August 31, 2011

These days

There has been much slope failure near Humbug. This slide north of the mountain is a doozy.
Landslide on the 101, Andrew D. Barron©8/28/11
There was an abandoned building that burned down. I was away shooting at Port Orford Heads, so I missed photographing the blaze.
Burned building at sunset, Andrew D. Barron©8/28/11
I hiked Humbug on Sunday. I have shot there several times so I just trudged up the mountain but got this at the summit.
The view from Humbug summit, Andrew D. Barron©8/28/11
On the way down:
Trail vegetation, Andrew D. Barron©8/28/11
I made some tea at sunset.
Tea at sunset, Andrew D. Barron©8/28/11
On Monday,
Old bar, Andrew D. Barron©8/29/11
I went up to Port Orford some more errands. South of town I stopped for this:
Sea Crest hotel Port Orford, Andrew D. Barron©8/29/11
With infrared:
Sea Crest hotel Port Orford, Andrew D. Barron©8/29/11

We all got holes to fill, them holes are all that’s real.
Some fall on you like a storm, sometimes you dig your own.
The choice is yours to make, time is yours to take.
Some dive into the sea, some toil upon the stone.
Townes Van Zandt
To Live Is To Fly


I got out some today. The clouds and the sun captured my attention each time I looked. This first one is a three shot mosaic from the old Sony DSC-H1.
Ophir Clouds, Andrew D. Barron©8/30/11
A two shot mosaic from the same place, looking up.
Ophir Clouds, Andrew D. Barron©8/30/11
Some time later at Otter Point:
Ring around the sun, Andrew D. Barron©8/30/11
For a moment the sun looked much like an eye. Here I channel swapped the the infrared camera.
Infrared sun, Andrew D. Barron©8/30/11
Through the sunglasses and a ND4 on the P6000.
Sun and clouds, Andrew D. Barron©8/30/11
As the day wore one, this is was over the sea at Otter Point.
Infrared sun, Andrew D. Barron©8/30/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive