Monday, October 17, 2011

Eastbound and Down

There was a bluegrass show of three acts in Corbett, OR. Before the show, I spotted this old place.
Corbett, OR, Andrew D. Barron©10/15/11
The turnout was impressive. There were maybe 20% more folks out of view.
Bluegrass at the Columbia Grange Hall, Corbett, OR, Andrew D. Barron©10/15/11
The next day I found myself along the I-5 corridor; the stretch that is something of a Yosemite for Portlanders. There was another waterfall I stopped to shoot, Horse Tail Falls.
Union Pacific line, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
Union Pacific line, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
The Columbia river basalts in the gorge are much like the basalts I once cared so much about in California (the Lovejoy), but at several orders of magnitude more impressive. Columnar jointing.
Horse tail falls, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
Long exposures with the infrared camera are still pretty satisfying.
Horse tail falls, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
On Sunday I went to Hood River for the first time. There was a festival going on, and the place was loaded with tourists. It was sunny and warm. Naturally, the path less traveled appeared. Here I am somewhere around 12th and State, looking at Mt. Adams.
Mt. Adams from Hood River, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
Volcanoes of the Cascades have taken on an unexpected importance.
Fire station, Hood River, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
Appropriate model name.
Columbia bowling ball, Hood River, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
I was pleased to wander into the bike shop just before closing. The brown Schwinn Collegiate dubbed “Hot Chocolate” by my good friend Mr. Kortan will ride again finally.
Building shadows, Hood River, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
The bridge over the Columbia.
Crossing the Columbia, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
Crossing the Columbia after sunset.
Crossing the Columbia, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
I find the Washington side calmer and quieter.
Hood train stop, Washington, Andrew D. Barron©10/16/11
At the prompting of predicted good weather, I will be shooting at Mt. Saint Helens on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive