Thursday, December 15, 2011

Light Leaks

This was a fun roll of film. Here are the shots from December 3rd. Light leaks: the story. Shooting film. . .it is more think about (and eff up); for instance, the Velvia and this Superia 800 were the first two rolls of 36 frames I have shot since the late 1990’s. I wasn’t used to how long it takes to get through those 12-more-than-24 shots. Plus, with these film cameras, I have been getting 1 to 2 more shots than stated. So when the end finally arrived, my fumbling hands, eager for the next moment, over cranked the roll, I was flummoxed. And cursing film. I rewound and rewound and rewound, then opened the camera. Gasp. There was the film. Rewound rewound rewound. Gasp. There is the film, again. This time I figured out what happened. I broke it out of the 35mm cartridge that it was supposed to rewind into. I took it in later to be salvaged. That any shots came out make me happy. The light leaks are actually cool. This low-light no-flash photography is quite frankly more satisfying than any low light digital (except infrared) that I have ever shot. Thank you for reading and enjoy! I present to you the Nikomat FT2 with Fuji Superia 800 color negative film.

“I love goooohld.”
said Goldmember
Portland's St. John's at night, Andrew D. Barron©12/3/11
Portland's St. John's at night, Andrew D. Barron©12/3/11
Portland's St. John's at night, Andrew D. Barron©12/3/11
Portland's St. John's at night, Andrew D. Barron©12/3/11
I tried all of those taps and they were all gross. This is the only frame that turned out from inside the photography show.
Portland's St. John's at night, Andrew D. Barron©12/3/11
Soon I was enjoying a great live blues band. Look at this no-flash coolness!
David Lipkind and Jimi Botts of Woodbrain, Andrew D. Barron©12/3/11
David Lipkind and Jimi Botts of Woodbrain, Andrew D. Barron©12/3/11
Everything seemed like a photograph that night, including the bathroom.
Portland's St. John's at night, Andrew D. Barron©12/3/11
I promise I can get through this song better now than here from April 29, 2010.

The scientists say it will all wash away, but we don’t believe anymore.

This old earthquake is gonna leave me in the poor house.
It seems like this whole town’s insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive