Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lately

I turned in eleven rolls of film from mid-December to mid-January. But since the long drive from San Diego to Camas, I haven’t been shooting much.
Downtown Camas, Andrew D. Barron©1/21/12
Camas paper mill, Andrew D. Barron©<br />1/21/12
I am about to return this borrowed 17-55 f/2.8 Nikon lens. It has been fun and makes me want a really sharp, really wide lens.
Camas tree, Andrew D. Barron©1/21/12
I put on the sharper 35mm f/1.8 lens and made this mosaic from two frames.
Camas tree, Andrew D. Barron©1/21/12
I find trees to be more photogenic than much of what I see in urban settings. Trees and light. There hasn’t been much light.
Camas trees, Andrew D. Barron©1/21/12
The Washougal river was looking pretty full.
Camas trees, Andrew D. Barron©1/21/12
Downtown Camas, Andrew D. Barron©1/23/12
On Friday, I headed east up the Columbia river gorge. I made it to Stevenson, then turned back around. Once of these days I’ll make it out to White Salmon. I pulled over near Beacon Rock as the sun was setting. (This is a terrible shot).
Beacon Rock, Andrew D. Barron©1/27/12
A little further west, the sun was setting, so I turned into a loop that I drove once before. Here looking back towards Beacon Rock:
Beacon Rock, Andrew D. Barron©1/27/12
Sunset in the gorge, Andrew D. Barron©1/27/12
It is hard to catch sunset here and I was not prepared to see this when I drove over that bridge to get back on WA14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive