Friday, April 27, 2012

Arizona Beach South

Slope failure: pristine beach, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
With that big opening, let me back up a little bit. Last week there was some fog and some interesting glacial-blue sky. Sometimes when I go out, I purposely do not take a camera so that I can just be. That never works. I had my cameraphone and snapped these.
Stuff grows, Andrew D. Barron©4/20/12
Stuff grows, Andrew D. Barron©4/20/12
Here is what I mean about the sky.
Pale blue above the Pacific shore, Andrew D. Barron©4/20/12
I held some close-up filters in front of the tiny lens. Whatever these things are, they always strike me as Paleozoic.
Pale blue above the Pacific, Andrew D. Barron©4/20/12
I was headed out for a sunset adventure. This idea came to mind, because it was a real crossroads at the time.
Choices, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
The rhodies started blooming a couple of weeks ago.
Rhododendron, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
I beat a path from Arizona Beach to a spot to the south. Arizona Beach is at the confluence of Mussel Creek to the south and Myrtle Creek at the north. The old road get you across Myrtle Creek, near the 101 undercrossing. I photographed this bridge once (maybe I will dig that up and post link). There was an old fire pit. I tried really hard (with framing) to make this rope swing not look like a noose.
Abandoned play site, Mussel Creek, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
It was deep brush. I crossed the big flooded creek on fallen trees. The beach was spectacular. The shot that opens this entry was from here. It is just north of a spot I always go, so here are Sisters Rocks from the north.
Sisters Rocks, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
SPLASH! South of Arizona Beach, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
Variation on a theme, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
Turning all the way around . . .you could hardly see the mountain in the mist. But the infrared camera saw more. “And the only footprints on the beach were mine.” I just quoted a personal thought. I might be a little punchy tonight.
Variation on a theme, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
It was a great night. I shot mostly digital images, though my old Sony let me down (or I have become spoiled with nicer cameras). If I had my druthers, I suppose I would have a 35mm film camera (like my Nikomat FT2 or Leica IIIf) loaded with Ektar and process the film myself. Druthers is an unusual word.
Arizona Beach from the brush, Andrew D. Barron©4/22/12
Last night I enjoyed sunset at Devil’s Backbone. I mostly used the Hasselblad 500c with the 50mm f/4 distagon lens. It was fun. Here is one with the infrared:
The cycle, Andrew D. Barron©4/26/12
As I mentioned, there was a swarm right outside the house and we captured it and put it into another Warre hive. Given the mixed race of the swarm (Carniolian and Italian), it is almost certainly our own hive from 2011. So if they have thoughts, I bet they are thinking, “wait, didn’t we just leave here?” The hives are virtually identical.
Free bees, Andrew D. Barron©4/27/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive