Thursday, May 24, 2012

Film catch up

This entry will bring together some photos made with the the Hasselblad 500c/m. Here she is, courtesy of the Nikomat FT2 and Tri-X400:
Hasselblad 500c/m at the mouth of Greggs Creek near Ophir, Andrew D. Barron©April 2012
All right, now stepping way back to November and my first roll on the Hasselblad, Portra 400.
Proebstel garage, Andrew D. Barron©11/23/11
Six weeks later I went to the desert. First stop was Split Mountain or Fish Creek road south of Ocotillo Wells.
Desert leap, Andrew D. Barron©1/6/12
We spent some time in El Centro, then back out to the Coyote Mountains. This is the place in Canyon Sin Nombre where a normal car must turn around. (I did it one time in a rented PT Cruiser though).
Paleozoic basement in Canyon Sin Nombre, Andrew D. Barron©1/12
We got up at sunrise. At the time, I had not seen this panorama because after our trip, I scooped up the 35mm negatives from 17 years ago and scanned them. It turns out that I nearly got the same picture with the Hasselblad, so that was neat. January 1995’s photomerge of two cropped-frame panoramas:
Canyon Sin Nombre overlook from S2, Andrew D. Barron©1/7/95
January 2012 with the Hasselblad and I believe the 50mm lens.
Day breaks at Canyon Sin Nombre, Andrew D. Barron©1/7/12
By early February I was back on the coast. I had used the Hasselblad quite a bit, however, as seen here, there are some focus issues with the 80mm lens. It looks okay, but it should be amazingly sharp. In the future with this lens, I will crank it all the way to infinity.
Moonrise over Blacklock, Andrew D. Barron©2/6/12
I had some pretty uncertain times in the early part of this year. The least of my worries was that I lost the cable release for the camera on the Blacklock hike. But I was reluctant to shoot without it. In March, there was some extreme weather.
Sunset and fence fail, Otter Point, Andrew D. Barron©3/12
Since April, I have stuck to using only the 50mm lens on the Hasselblad. I tried some long exposure stuff at the foot of Devil’s Backbone.
Woodroof Creek meets the sea, Andrew D. Barron©4/26/12

I really should stop at this point (but I’m not). The Nikomat FT2:
The beach at Greggs creek, Andrew D. Barron©April 2012
The opening to the west at Sisters Rocks, a place I once soaked my Instax 210.
The sea awaits, Andrew D. Barron©April 2012
I feel that I finally found a groove with this 35mm slr, my first real use with this type of film camera. The quality of the photographs to my eyes, particularly with color, sets a rather high mark. Ektar 100 negatives scan in with a weird blue cast, but it straightens out.
Azaleas in the rain, Andrew D. Barron©4/30/12
Overgrown trail, Andrew D. Barron©4/30/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive