Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fun Roll

Last weekend I went to the Susanville bluegrass festival, about 100 miles north of Reno. It was a great time and also low key. I found some new friends and look forward to the road ahead.
Thomas of Windy Hill, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/22/12
John, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/23/12
I wasn’t in a bad mood or nothing. The person shooting my Leica wasn’t sure where the shutter release was, and kept pushing down on the the speed dial. I think I was saying, ”no, it’s the other button to the left. . .”[click]
Andrew in transition, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/23/12
My favorite shot in a long time: I only made one frame of this moment.
Katya, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/23/12
Pete came up to me at Grass Valley and let me know that he liked what I was up to on the mandolin. Monroe-style mandolin can be an insiders type of music as the years roll on and styles change. Monroe’s approach to the mandolin, especially in his later years, is fairly alien to many west coast ears. Pete is also a mandolin builder and I enjoyed picking his F5 number four at Susanville.
Pete fiddles, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/23/12
On Sunday, I walked around with my cameras instead of my mandolin.
Gerlach's own Randy McKnight, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/24/12
George Best, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/24/12
Jeanette and her daughter, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/24/12
At some point late on Saturday I asked Katya for a slightly more formal shoot with the Hasselbad. In the short time I had for set up, I was unable to find anything pleasant for a backdrop.
Katya, Susanville Bluegrass festvial, Andrew D. Barron ©6/24/12
It was a high, low, and in between week. I went out with Jim for fish and chips.
Sparks at sundown, Andrew D. Barron ©6/26/12
I wanted to get to through this roll, so I went out Thursday evening around the property. The goat from my last blog is in the background here.
South reno, Andrew D. Barron ©6/26/12
South reno, Andrew D. Barron ©6/26/12

South reno, Andrew D. Barron ©6/26/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive