Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sum Up

Westley:Who are you? Are we enemies? Why am I on this wall? Where is Buttercup?
Inigo Montoya: Let me ’splain.

pause

No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Poison oak outbreak: miserable, now improving
Reno.
Benadryll: allergic.
Haircut. Real job.
Costco C-41 processing 1 hour. Sweet. Costco printing and scanning, not so much (scans of 35mm to some kind of inkjet printing).

Leica. Is. Amazing.
Mini in Bandon, Andrew D. Barron ©5/x/12
Not too fond of the overly sharpened Costco scans, but I liked getting film processed and scanned in (about) one hour.
Mini in Bandon, Andrew D. Barron ©5/x/12
Thrift store finds! There are so many in Reno. For this shot, I set them up under a frosted glass patio table and was pleased with the noon light this way.
Thrift store finds, Andrew D. Barron ©6/10/12
Ektralite 10 110 with 14 remaining frames. $1.50
Spectra system camera with sonar focusing. $4.99
Polaroid Land Camera Automatic 100. Aluminum build, glass lenses, tripod mount. Overpriced at $20. Now undergoing 3AAA, 4.5V battery conversion.
3AAA 4.5V conversion for Land Camera Automatic 100, Andrew D. Barron ©6/10/12
Two new packs of FP100c.
Hasselblad lens caps + body cap: $6.
Random encounter = prism viewfinder for Hasselblad made by Kiev. $0.
Model shoot this weekend. Huh?
Shoot location, east Reno, Andrew D. Barron ©6/10/12
Three nights of jamming. Old friends.
Two nights of contrailing. Two nights without. How do people ignore them?

Sushi. Deli Towne. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in a can?

Each year around this time I try to come up with some new material for the festival. It has been this way since I got into bluegrass. After 7 years, we finally have decent version of Stony Creek. My life was in shambles at my first Grass Valley in 2005. I wandered around in between jams working out the low part to Wheel Hoss, and had one of my favorite festivals. There is getting to quite a few now, so we have to bracket our memories with the ridiculous things I said or did in a given year. When I got to Kentucky in 2007, this song by Mike Compton was in prominent rotation amongst the local pickers, sung with great power by my friends Byron Ooost and Mark Hargis. I think 2012 is a good year for me to learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive