Monday, July 9, 2012

Fourth

South Reno, NV, Andrew D. Barron©7/4/12
Eleven of us piled into this rig and made the trip up to Tahoe for the 4th. Since the time I left Oregon, I have been pointing the camera at people. I seem to have settled on some really nice film cameras and some very nice Kodak films. I often wondered how things might slow down and/or evolve. Looking back only a year ago, it does seem abrupt that I am sitting under a mountain of negatives. It was August last year that I first loaded film into a Konica Autoreflex T and began this leg.

I am often stingy with frames, especially with the Hasselblad. I shoot more Leica frames. But some days, I do remember what I like about digital photography, and on the Fourth, I photographed my friend Jay’s family with the infrared dslr.
At Tahoe, Andrew D. Barron©7/4/12
At Tahoe, Andrew D. Barron©7/4/12
At Tahoe, Andrew D. Barron©7/4/12
At Tahoe, Andrew D. Barron©7/4/12
At Tahoe, Andrew D. Barron©7/4/12
At Tahoe, Andrew D. Barron©7/4/12
It was super crowded on the beach and I opted to put my cameras away and enjoy the fireworks. The one-day-past-full moon rose up through the show. I was a little bummed I didn’t even try to shoot it on film. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive