Friday, August 17, 2012

Leica gets out

I once photographed a row of buses in Myrtle Point. I thought this would work out better; the 85mm Culminar would have been a better choice.
School buses, south Reno, Andrew D. Barron©8/8/2012
Mall parking lot, Andrew D. Barron©8/8/2012
I finally have some frames with my vintage signs in Reno, inspired by the talented Nick Leonard.
Home motel on lost love’s avenue
Vacation Motor Lodge, downtown Reno, NV, Andrew D. Barron©8/8/2012
Evergreen Trailer Park, south Reno, Andrew D. Barron©8/8/2012
I finally downloaded some images from the infrared D5000. I love clouds.
Clouds, south Reno, Andrew D. Barron©8/8/2012
I hiked once, precisely, once, since I left Oregon. It was the short trail at the Huffaker Hills.
Many fences at Huffaker Hills, Reno, NV, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/2012
One thing I haven’t figured out is what to do for close up shots. I am guessing that extension tubes is the way to go. At 1.1m, the IIIf isn’t good for photographing lizards. Here I think I gave up after about 5 frames and just went for the cool rock. There may be a lizard here.
Many fences at Huffaker Hills, Reno, NV, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/2012
This was the night where after a half mile in my steel-toed, 8-year-old work boots, I took them off and returned barefoot.
Clouds above the Huffaker Hills, Reno, NV, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/2012
The bokeh is nice on the old Summitar. This is a frame that I forgot to focus. After not having fresh photographs to work with, I’m excited for even stuff like this.
After sunset above Reno, Andrew D. Barron©8/9/2012
The next day. . .
After sunset above Reno, Andrew D. Barron©8/10/2012

2 comments:

  1. Love your stuff! I actually found your blog while searching for info on my new Konica Autoreflex T. Just like you said in one of your older posts, the battery compartment just doesn't look right, and mine looks exactly like yours. In my other SLRs there's a sort of battery "cup", if you will, that drops into the compartment. Is my camera missing the "cup", or is that just a funky part of the design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the Konica apart pretty far trying to figure it out. The Konica expert is named Greg Weber (http://www.webercamera.com). I'm glad I'm not alone. There must be a place for the positive part of the battery to make contact with the circuitry. The Konica was a great camera, although I got it jammed up and put it in a box. I also happened upon a Nikomat FT2 shortly after getting the Autoreflex T going, and it's meter works fine, so I jumped ship.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive