Monday, October 22, 2012

Hellbound Glory: east coast tour, leg two NYC

I had not really planned to get around New York. But here was a brief moment where I thought I had some time to myself. I took the M60 to Harlem, and then took a subway to mid town Manhattan. I wanted to get to a specific place in central park, but I didn’t get close. Here I was headed the wrong way out of Columbus Circle.
333 W. 56th st, west side Manhattan, Andrew D. Barron©10/11/12 [Land Camera 330:Pack 4 shot 4 (FP100C)]
Shortly afterward I was unfortunately on my way to Williamsburg, repeatedly taking the wrong direction on the subway. That part sucked.
Somewhere on Broadway (1700+), west side Manhattan, Andrew D. Barron©10/11/12 [Land Camera 330:Pack 4 shot 5 (FP100C)]
I got off in Brooklyn as directed, but as usual, went the wrong way carrying my instrument and luggage. Finally, we all met up at a bar called Matchless I think.
Bar bathroom self portrait, Brooklyn NY, Andrew D. Barron©10/11/12 [Fuji Instax 210 (Instax wide)]
And sat around some more before heading out for another diner meal. Our waitress Jo was great to talk to about Brooklyn pride and such. We made our way down to about 7th and Union where we stayed the night. The next day Leroy had a photo/video shoot starting at the famous custom motorcycle shop, Indian Larry’s. We walked from there to the East River waterfront. It was a really beautiful day.
East river water front, Brooklyn NY, Andrew D. Barron©10/12/12 [Fuji Instax 210 (Instax wide)]
East river water front, Brooklyn NY, Andrew D. Barron©10/12/12 [Fuji Instax 210 (Instax wide)]
Sneaking in my first digital shot in a long time . . .
Rico and Leroy of Hellbound Glory, East river water front, Brooklyn NY, Andrew D. Barron©10/12/12 [iphone 3g/Hipstamatic 190]
Afterwards we had to double back on the subway. While down there:
Across the tracks below Brooklyn, Andrew D. Barron©10/11/12 [Land Camera 330:Pack 4 shot 5 (FP100C)]
That is about half the shots I wanted to post for this entry, but we are leaving for a midwest tour later today, so that will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive