Thursday, March 7, 2013

Back from Washington

I went to a bluegrass festival in Bellevue, WA, just east of Seattle. I had a good time. I mostly was playing mandolin. When I was shooting it was a couple of packs of FP100C in the automatic land camera 450. I am not having the best of luck with this one, and every pack has jammed at the beginning and lost the first two to three shots. I enjoyed the SX-70 and had fun with the black and white film from the Impossible project. I also shot the Instax 210 a lot and found it the easiest by far to deal with. The prints develop in short order, film loading is a breeze, and it is the most economical. The pack film was a bit of a drag because the developing chemicals were getting all over me and my bag during the Seattle chill around sunset.

Aside from a few shots out of the window, I didn’t shoot much. I took a super fast jaunt over to downtown Seattle on the 550 express bus. It was a beautiful sunset down there. I blasted through about two packs of film in an hour. I was alos shooting my Leica IIIf out there.

Until I get to scanning something, this will do. In the future, I think I would be fine shooting with the Instax 210 on a road trip. It doesn’t do the best job, but it is certainly the easiest, most reliable, and also economical of the instant film I use.

On the way back, I stopped off at the USGS where I picked up my long lost SX-70 Alpha 1 Model 2. If my notes are correct, I got that one for $6 in a Gold Beach thrift store.

1 comment:

  1. I live across the water from Seattle. I've never heard of the Bluegrass Festival, but it sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you'll be able to post some pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive