Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pics from Strawberry travels

Here are some of my scans from the drive across Highway 120 to Strawberry Music Fest. First up, a pair of Instax 210 prints as I headed up Tioga pass.
Tioga Pass and moonrise over Mono Lake, Andrew D. Barron©5/29/13 [Instax 210; Instax Wide]
Next I stopped at Tenaya Lake and grabbed one with the Hasselblad.
Tenaya Lake Moonrise, Andrew D. Barron©5/29/13 [Hasselbad 500c/m, Zeiss 80mm ƒ2.8, Portra 400]
I was shooting a roll through my Leica IIIf too. The light was great and there was a lot to take in. I thought I could make it to Tuolumne Meadows before it was too dark and shoot some there. There were only the brief moments to hop out.
Tuolumne Meadows, Andrew D. Barron©5/29/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
Moonrise above the batholith, Andrew D. Barron©5/29/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
The next day I was at the festival having slept in my car up some random road north and west of the park entrance. I wandered around at about noon:
Cabin at Camp Mather, Andrew D. Barron©5/30/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
Boulder at Camp Mather, Andrew D. Barron©5/30/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
Birch Lake at Camp Mather, Andrew D. Barron©5/30/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
Camp Mather is quite a facility. I thought I could lay down on the tennis courts and get some ants in focus. But they were all shy and I settled for some pine needles.
Tennis courts at Camp Mather, Andrew D. Barron©5/30/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
Eventually I found my friends, watched main stage acts, and played music late into the night. The next day I grabbed these two:
Strawberry Music Fest camp, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
Seconds before the often heard, “Is that a film camera?”
Banjo player Roger Phillips, Strawberry Music Fest camp, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
Here is some Leica magic.
Bill McKean and Randy, Strawberry Music Fest camp, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
The sarong background pattern, Bill’s face, and the bokeh of the summitar combine for a trippy effect.
Tough Idaho Rig, Strawberry Music Fest camp, Andrew D. Barron©5/31/13 [Leica IIIf, Summitar ƒ2.0, Portra 400]
There are quite a few more worthy instax shots, and at least this one infrared from the converted DSLR:
Half dome from afar, Yosemite, Andrew D. Barron©6/1/13 [715nm infrared converted Nikon D5000, kit18-55 lens]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive