Monday, July 22, 2013

Another Week Gone

Another post featuring all pictures from my phone’s camera. This time I processed the raw tiffs on the computer. Great to have an app that lets you shoot the iPhone in raw mode (645PRO). I like the 6x7 aspect ratio and use it a lot lately. I still often use the Hipstamatic app, as here:
Neighborhood pine, Andrew D. Barron©7/19/13 [iPhone 4S: Hipstamatic]
It was a week of recovery: those 3,000 miles in a week were tiring. On Friday afternoon, the boys picked me up for a show in Antioch. It was a warm drive and a very pleasant evening in that town. I had only been there once before.
Boots before show, Antioch, CA, Andrew D. Barron©7/20/13 [iPhone 4S:645 Pro]
The sun set on the delta and I shot a pack of black and white film in my Land Camera 450. There was a least one very nice shot. The venue was unusual in that it had a late-night hip-hop bar downstairs. It was a fun show.
Cow parts, Andrew D. Barron©7/20/13 [iPhone 4S:645 Pro]
At daybreak, I had to go back over the hill to play a bluegrass show in Virginia City, NV.
Daybreak on the tracks at Antioch, Andrew D. Barron©7/20/13 [iPhone 4S:645 Pro]

Up and over the Antioch bridge, Andrew D. Barron©7/20/13 [iPhone 4S:645 Pro]
I made it to a scorching venue an hour before we went on.
The big church at Virginia City, Andrew D. Barron©7/20/13 [iPhone 4S:645 Pro]
It was fun to play with the group that really help me get started in our original configuration from 2007.
Sun sets through the needles and young pine cones at Virginia City, Andrew D. Barron©7/20/13 [iPhone 4S:645 Pro]
Later we played late into the night and some folks from California were into it, and about 20 people came and set up chairs and listened to us.

I am using my phone now to tether internet to my computer. At first I was using the wireless between the two, but it seemed to make more sense to have the USB cable. I didn’t know what I was in for to get Personal Hotspot working to Snow Leopard via USB, but it was a quick fix once I found this discussion. As soon as I updated or replaced some file (AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext) my iphone appeared as USB internet connection. Where I am at, the 3G has felt slow over the iphone, but when tethered, it seems somewhat more bearable. I even made this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive