Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Henderson Arrival

I didn’t think I’d ever get back to this neck of the woods, but wow, here I am. I drove all night from Clarkston to cross the Ohio into western Kentucky. It was a bit sketchy driving through two lane highways in Indiana in the middle of the night. Finally pulled onto the I69 and dropped on down to Kentucky. Z and L went on to Nashville for a few days. I am staying here with my friend Mark. We already got went through a bunch of Monroe tunes. It’s been 4 1/2 years since we’ve caught up in person.
Mark gives my mandolin a whirl, Henderson Kentucky, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
Mark and I headed up to Evansville to pick up a frame repair.
Crossing the Ohio: Kentucky side, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
Frame straightening apparatus, Evansville, IN, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
This isn't the one.
Detroit Steel, Evansville, IN, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
We had Chinese buffet for lunch; my second time in a week. And the second time in 6 years.
Crossing the Ohio: Indiana side, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
So we cruised back to Henderson. The humidity and heat is, well, unpleasant. Another feeling is a resolve to have done what I have done since those days when I moved here to deepen my bluegrass roots. There were very few believers. It’s a weird feeling being a traveling visitor instead of seriously trying to make it stick here, as I did from 9/2007-9/2008. Those adventures are more fairly meticulously catalogued on this blog. The entry I remember best is here, from 11/15/07. Mark gave me a hard time this morning about my songs-on-a-clothesline attempt to work through the 10 songs I was working on. Here it was:
Zion, Henderson County, KY, Andrew D. Barron ©11/11/07
I am tired and look forward to a night’s rest tonight. It is also very surreal that I have been driving Mark’s Hummer H2 around.
Crossing the tracks, Henderson KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
I don’t know who’s car this is, but it sure was a surprise to see this bumper sticker out here.
Oregon Girl, Henderson KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;PRO 645]
Lamp post, Henderson KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;PRO 645]
Moody clouds, Henderson KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive