Thursday, August 22, 2013

Henderson Twenty Four

This was the evening we headed out of Michigan; the Pine Knob ski area.
Pine Knob ski area, Clarkston, MI, Andrew D. Barron©8/19/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
The night before last was a real nice sunset on the Ohio River.
Riverfront Silos, Henderson KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
Rockwellian front yard, Henderson KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
Ohio River sunset, Henderson KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/20/13 [iPhone 4s;645 PRO]
The cypress tree in Mark’s front yard is one of the oldest trees in Henderson and is on some type of registry.
Old cypress tree, Henderson KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/21/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
We went back over to Evansville and drove down by the marina on the Indiana side. The tree trimmer rig caught my eye.
Tree trimmer rig, Evansville, IN, Andrew D. Barron©8/21/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
Then he drug me to an indoor flea market. I was pretty bored, but I did spot this (even if I didn’t buy it). The odd thing was that I was just carrying on a conversation about the song It Tears Me Up written by Muscle Shoals legend Dan Penn.
Jerry Reed 8-track, Andrew D. Barron©8/21/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
I am just killing time and am glad Mark and Monica were willing to take me in again and let me tag along. We had dinner at Hooters, an old tradition. The blackened mahi burger was very good.
Evansville Hooters, Andrew D. Barron©8/21/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
We headed back across the Ohio river during the long sunset.
Ohio River sunset, Henderson, KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/21/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
Ohio River bridge, Henderson, KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/21/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
Here you can see the train bridge across the Ohio. I watched fourth of July fireworks here in 2008 and lost my blue windbreaker.
Ohio River sunset, Henderson, KY, Andrew D. Barron©8/21/13 [iPhone 4s;Hipstamatic]
So that was another 24 hours in Henderson. Later that night we ended up rehearsing for a bluegrass concert where evidently I will be playing upright bass Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive